Lenten Discussions We encourage everyone to read our Lenten Devotionals and join in a weekly discussion. We will be breaking into groups to discuss each week’s readings after outdoor worship on Sundays. There will also be a group meeting on Zoom for a discussion at 11:00am on Sundays (link will be in email). You can pick up a devotional (1 per family please) at worship on Sunday, when you drop off food for Fayette Samaritans, or by coming by the church office. Also, here is an online version: https://issuu.com/austinseminary/docs/lenten_devotional_2021.
Worship With Us
As we maintain our healthy distance, we wanted to bring you online options for your Sabbath time, entitled “Sofa Sanctuary”. Please feel free to wait until Sunday to view the online content we’ve created or view it when you find the best time to quiet your mind for worship.
In-person indoor worship is temporarily suspended. See details here.
We are holding outdoor worship at 1:00pm every Sunday that weather permits. Sofa Sanctuary will be offered online every week for those who cannot attend outdoors, and for when the weather interferes. During Sofa Sanctuary you will also notice some new additions of traditional hymns as well as Chris providing prelude music on the piano and organ, as well as our usual wonderful praise band providing a song.
Click here for our Sofa Sanctuary for February 28
“Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.” Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message)
WE CAN HELP!
If you need assistance picking up groceries, medications, or other essentials due to health vulnerability, FPC wants to help!
Karen Anthony is coordinating volunteers to pick up and deliver essential items – if you need help or wish to help out, please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-217-3921
Alternate Giving Ideas
Since we aren’t able to meet together for the time being, several members have asked for alternate ways to give. We currently have these options:
1) Online Giving. Click here to give online.
2) Mail us a physical check. PLEASE NOTE: We have members checking the church mail daily to ensure the safety of mailed contributions.
Our address is:
Fayette Presbyterian Church
791 Forrest Ave
Fayetteville, GA 30214
3) Set up online automated checks through your bank. Then your bank will send us a check, either one time or as often as you specify. Here are the basic steps to do this:
– You must have access to your account online.
– Find a link to “Bill-pay” on your bank’s website.
– Add the church as a vendor, using the address above.
– Specify amount and any other details it asks.
– You can add your envelope number as a memo line, optionally.
4) We can have a volunteer pick up your contribution – please contact Karen if you need this option (email@example.com or 404-217-3921)
5) We have installed a locked drop box under the pull-through awning, next to the double doors. This will be emptied regularly.