Outdoor Worship – SEPTEMBER 27 at 8:30am
AS OF THIS WEEK, sign up is no longer required. Beginning October 4, service time will move to 10:30am.
Join us again this Sunday as we continue to worship in the beauty of God’s creation. We will be doing everything in our power to create a safe and worshipful space for those in attendance. Please review our FPC Infectious Disease Policy HERE.
Please note that the Sofa Sanctuary will continue to be provided in full in the weeks and months ahead. If you are in any of the groups that have been so extensively commented on during this pandemic as “vulnerable” or “compromised”, please make plans to continue attending virtually. While the steps we’ve noted here are intended to reduce risk, there are no guarantees of safety. Liability notices to that effect will be posted as required by law.
The Session will continue to monitor the COVID numbers, especially in relation to schools status and so while we plan to continue outdoor worship weekly, there is still a chance we will need to postpone.
Additionally, if weather or lack of volunteers (see below!) will cause us to reschedule a service, you will be notified via email on Sunday morning – so be sure to check your email before heading out.
Our vision for the service is to hold it in the beautiful early morning in the shade of the large oak tree in front of the Youth Building to “beat the heat”. For our collective comfort and safety, the following elements will be observed/required:
- Congregants will bring their own “soccer chairs/camp chairs/folding chairs” for “no touch” seating. We will have some “loaner” folding chairs on hand for those in need. They’ll need to be sanitized after use. Setup your chair(s) with broad social distancing unless you are living together.
- Please follow all signage and directions as provided to direct you to parking and “sign in” and please park in a way to help maintain social distance (every other space).
- Properly worn masks covering mouth and nose will be required to attend. Please have yours on prior to exiting your car.
- Staffed tables will be set up for you to walk past on your way to the service for the following requirements: (1) sign in for contact tracing, (2) temperature check, (3) get a mask if you don’t have your own (4) a “no touch” offering basket for folks who prefer to give on Sunday
- There will be limited restroom access via the youth house with hand washing and surface cleaning required with each use.
- No water or food will be available on site. Please feel free to bring a personal water bottle or snack if needed. No sharing, please!
- Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available.
- We’ll all be working hard to create a worshipful and welcoming space for the service. That said, some of our familiar traditions will need to be avoided for safety and health reasons:
- No congregational singing – No passing of the peace or physical contact (observe social distance) – No nursery or children’s time
- To limit potential virus contact, the service will be limited in time to 30 to 40 minutes.
VOLUNTEERING: Many of our current ushers, worship committee members and other volunteers are in a “vulnerable community” or may be medically compromised and will not be available to attend or serve. New volunteers will be absolutely essential for us to be able to meet on the 30th. Please let us know if you are able to help out on any given Sunday and we’ll let you know if you’re chosen to help. The six helpers chosen will please arrive 30 minutes early for instructions and assignment.